Space on the Mat is a networking site for women who work, have worked or aspire to work in local government in the Pacific or for those who wish to influence the programs and activities of local government in their village, towns and cities.
This website provide a Space on the Mat for women to:
- Be heard on Local Government practice and how women and men can be better served through Local Government Policy Programs. Learn from others working in local government through Local Government Policy Programs. Learn from others working in local government through our discussion forums. Find or Become a mentor on working in local government.
- Hear the latest news on local government policy and practice and let us know what you think!
- Strengthen your skills and experience by reading key resources on women in local government from the region and the world.
- Attend key networking events and training opportunities that can build your skills, networks and knowledge.
- Learn and read stories about other women working in local government, their struggles, successes and tips for making a difference.
This website has been developed in partnership with the International Women's Development Agency (IWDA) through the Funding Leadership and Opportunities for Women (FLOW) Program. The content of this website is the sole responsibility of the Commonwealth Local Government Forum (CLGF) Pacific and does not necessarily reflect the views of the IWDA.